As a Group Data Engineer you are responsible to revise and improve the governance, management and quality of our data, develop data models and build data pipelines. Do you want to help the group forward by designing, building and operating our BME Data Platform?
This is an exciting opportunity to work as Group Data Engineer for BME, an ambitious and challenging organization, fact and data based driven. People make the difference and talents that work together in effective teams are the basis for success.
BME Group has embarked on a journey to enhance our digital capabilities. We are not only rapidly getting more data; data also becomes increasingly important. Simultaneously, data complexity increases due to the creation of cross-OpCo data sets.
The Group Digital Team is looking for you to revise and improve the governance, management and quality of data. Working together with country teams on the ground (for example sales, IT, marketing) and functional stakeholders at the Amsterdam head office.
You, as the Group Data Engineer will be responsible for developing data models, programming APIs and building data pipelines. You will collaborate closely with IT, who are implementing the group data lake. You design your data structure smartly: sufficiently general to be usable throughout the Group, sufficiently flexible for specific variables per country – think in terms of VAT rates – or for future developments in the product range, for example.
You are in fact establishing the basis for our transition to a truly data-driven organization. Both contextually and in the mindset. And yes: that brings with it great responsibility.
You will help the group forward by designing, building and operating our BME Data Platform.
- Design the ideal data architecture involving the contributors and stakeholders.
- Map existing projects and solutions to the above and finding common ground to move forward.
- Choose data types, storage solutions, data pipelines, data models and build / implement them.
- Create and manage data integrations, together with the ‘other side’ of such integrations, such as the ERP competence center.
- Design and implement roles suitable for proper security and access management.
Key Functional Competencies:
- Willingness to take action and lead by example.
- Collaborative team player orientation towards work relationships, strong culture awareness.
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals.
- Consulting skills, including communication with various stakeholders, change management and performance measurement.
- Result-oriented and business cases minded; “Deliver impact instead of working hours”.
- Understanding the “give and take” relationship that one has with local, functional and group/HQ stakeholders.
- A ‘first time right’ attitude suiting a Blackstone portfolio company.
Qualifications and experience:
You are an experienced Data Engineer, with:
- A Bachelor/Master’
- A degree in ICT, Business Information Management, Mathematics or comparable.
- Solid work experience in data engineering, data lakes, data models and data governance.
- Familiar with Python, (No)SQL, GitHub, Azure and APIs.
Dare – Care – Do it – Be real – Win together.
Personal, professional characteristics:
- Action oriented and pursuing goals with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Organize resources to get things done and orchestrate multiple activities at once.
- Manage vision and purpose by communicating in possibilities.
- Inspire and motivate stakeholders.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of your time.
Language and location:
- Fluent in English – Another European language like German or French is a plus.
- Based in The Netherlands – Schiphol Office and/or Breukelen
Why is this an interesting opportunity?
- Work in a dynamic international environment and a great international team.
- Excellent career perspectives into different roles inside BME or the OpCos.
- Work with innovative technology and software products.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
First Interview by Recruiter – Second interview with Group Manager Data – Assessment – Meet selected team members – Final interview with Group SVP HR – Background and Reference check.