The Group Enterprise Architect is part of the BME Group IT organization and responsible to define and implement the Enterprise Architecture for the BME Group following the business strategy. Do you want to be part of a transformation where you can make an impact by supporting the business being successful by using modern and secure technology?
As part of the BME Group IT organization the Group Enterprise Architect is responsible to define and implement the Enterprise Architecture for the BME Group following the business strategy.
BME is on a journey towards becoming an increasingly digital, data driven organization leveraging the latest application technologies to improve customer experience and drive organizational efficiencies. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a transformation where you can make an impact by supporting the business being successful by using modern and secure technology.
In this role you will report to the Group VP IT and work in close collaboration with the Group CISO, Group Director IT & Operations, internal virtual teams and vendors. You will be the anchor point for the Enterprise Architecture across the BME and operating companies throughout Europe.
Purpose of the Role
- Build generic solutions for the future.
- Connect systems through the integration platform instead of building the peer-to-peer connections separately – existing platform that is build on Azure and therefore we need someone who can build the architecture (we need to look back how it is build, right set-up, future maintenance).
- Set up the Integration platform in the right way.
- Act as the Product Owner and makes sure it works in the best possible way.
- Build up a commodity across Europe and helping the OpCo’s.
- Setting priorities instead focusing on ad hoc activities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define and implement the Enterprise Architecture for the BME Group following the business strategy.
- Establishes a technology strategy and road-map that enables a portfolio to support current and future business capabilities.
- Drive harmonization and standardization of the IT infrastructure across BME.
- Define and implement policies and procedures to manage and maintain the Enterprise Architecture.
- Establish an internal community (virtual team) to drive and maintain the Enterprise Architecture.
- Keep up with the latest trends in technology and determine whether they would be the right fit for BME.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders like digital team, functional teams and the operational companies to support new initiatives and enhance existing solutions.
- Manage vendors to keep aligned with the Enterprise Architecture.
- Participate in M&A activities to examine the potential fit and synergies with BME.
- Collecting, generating, and analyzing innovative ideas and technologies to use across the business.
- Facilitating the reuse of code, components, and proven patterns.
- Synchronizing disciplines across solutions where it makes sense like for System and data security and quality; User experience and Nonfunctional requirements.
Key Functional Competencies
- Service oriented.
- Innovative, actively driving adoption of Microsoft Azure technologies.
- A pragmatic, can-do mentality, results driven.
- Intrinsic motivation & Self starter.
- Strong learning attitude.
- Collaborative, open mindset.
- Dealing with ambiguity.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Embrace diversity of a multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Strategic mindset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor level education in Information Technology, Computer Science or related.
- Good understanding of different integration patterns and how to implement with Microsoft Azure.
- Integration experience across business applications, data lakes and digital customer facing solutions.
- Preferable experience in Azure DevOps.
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment.
- Fluent in English, Dutch and ideally in German.
- Willingness to travel.
- Preferable familiar with wholesale/retail organizations.
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
Schiphol-Oost, Breukelen, home-office, the Netherlands
- Interview by Recruiter.
- Interviews with BME.
- Background and Reference check.
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. By applying for this role you agree to store your CV in our files and to share it within BME and operating companies during the recruitment process according to our policy.
You may submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org revoking your consent at any time.
Good understanding of different integration patterns
Collaborative, open mindset