As a Group Manager Risk and Internal Control you will be responsible, together with the Group Director Internal Audit, Control & Risk, for setting up and fine tuning the Internal Control and Risk Management environment within BME Group.
Purpose of the Role
Together with the Group Director Internal Audit, Control & Risk, you will be responsible for setting up and finetuning the Internal Control and Risk Management environment within BME Group. We are in search of a senior professional, who is able to balance the highest professional standards with pragmatism in developing and implementing the Internal Control & Risk Management approach at BME Group level as well as the eleven European Operational Companies (OpCo’s).
We expect you to:
· Collect requirements and formulate growth opportunities, together with stakeholders, to ensure business and customer needs are clear and captured in product features.
· Define and continuously develop customer interactions, driving our wider digital roadmap
· Work closely together with our operating companies (OpCos) across Europe, helping them to transform digitally and spot BME wide opportunities for (shared) solutions
· Apply lean principles to deliver modular, yet scalable designs and solutions
· Be part of a multi-functional team (UX, development, data, IT etc)
· Lead internal and external development teams to deliver digital capabilities
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
In the position of Manager Risk & Internal Control at BME Group, your roles and responsibilities comprise a.o. the following :
· Optimize and maintain the Risk appetite Statement as well as various risk management policies and procedures;
· Perform risk assessments on operational and IT processes. Organize workshops at group level and at the Opco’s to identify and classify strategic risks. Maintain a Strategic Risk Register;
· Work together with other second line of defense groups to obtain a companywide overview of risks and internal control (IT, Tax, Treasury, etc.)
· Optimize and maintain various Internal Control policies and procedures;
· Maintain, develop and safeguard the BME groupwide Internal Control Framework;
· Develop a self-assessment procedure for the OpCo’s on the Internal Control Framework (financial) and monitor on a monthly/quarterly base the outcomes;
· Coach and advise the different Opco’s on Internal Controls and Risk related matters;
o You will meet with local finance directors and internal control officers on a regular basis to discuss and address relevant internal control / risk management topics;
o Furthermore, you will act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and first point of contact for all internal control / risk management related questions and topics;
o You will actively build on an Internal Control / Risk Management community within BME, share best practices and develop trainings / learning modules;
o You will manage and facilitate the internal control self-assessment process at the different opco’s and report on the results;
- Roll out Store audit procedures for OpCo’s that are currently not conducting these (including conducting store audits in the future together with OpCo’s)
- Participate in projects and advise management in the design of processes, process-improvements and optimization, and identification of risks;
· Liaise with external auditors and other internal & external stakeholders on internal control and risk related matters;
· Integrate new acquired entities from a Risk & Internal control perspective.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree within the field of organizations: e.g. Business Administration / Economics. However a study on organizational science on the or more soft side with the right experience is also in line with our expectations;
- At least 4-6 years of experience in internal control, risk consulting in a complex environment or at one of the Big 4 (with reporting responsibility);
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment;
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up;
- Fluent in English and ideally in German, Dutch or French as well; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process;
- Willing to travel internationally up to 40%.
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
Schiphol-Oost and home-office, the Netherlands. Willingness to travel.
- First Interview by Recruiter
- Second interview with Group Director Internal Audit
- Third or final interview
- Background and Reference check
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. By applying for this role you agree to store your CV in our files and to share it within BME and operating companies during the recruitment process according to our policy.
You may submit a written request to email@example.com revoking your consent at any time.
Subject Matter Expert