You will be crucial in taking in the customer needs, translating these to business impact and defining our digital solutions and priorities for development. You will hold a pivotal position in driving change in our company and industry – fundamentally answering unmet customer needs in a rapidly changing industry for the leading company in the market.
Purpose of the Role
In our expansion of our Product team we are looking for a Product Manager to work on our data driven business applications.
You will be part of our Digital team – responsible for creating digital customer touchpoints (e.g. data hub, e-commerce shop, B2B portal, Digital Showroom), driving new and innovative interactions that impove experience, streamline processes, and reduce manual operations.
In this role, you will initially focus on how to support a variety of data-oriented projects. We have multiple data-oriented initiatives underway. These include building a data hub to allow group level reporting and analytics, implementing a master data management system to manage product and vendor data, and setting up data integration solutions for multiple use cases.
You understand customer needs, translating these to business impact and defining our digital solutions and priorities for development. You will hold a pivotal position in driving change in our company and industry – fundamentally answering unmet customer needs in a rapidly changing industry for the leading company in the market.
We expect you to:
- Collect requirements and formulate growth opportunities, together with stakeholders, to ensure business and customer needs are clear and captured in product features
- Define and continuously develop customer interactions, driving our wider digital roadmap
- Work closely together with our operating companies (“OpCos”) across Europe, helping them to transform digitally and spot BME wide opportunities for (shared) solutions
- Apply lean principles to deliver modular, yet scalable designs and solutions
- Be part of a multi-functional team (UX, development, data, IT etc)
- Lead internal and external development teams to deliver digital capabilities
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Define success of the products based on end-user needs:
- Observe, learn about, contact, and analyze end users of the product
- Define, refine, and prioritize user stories/ epics/ tasks daily including leading interactions with other units
- Define portfolio management of touch points together with key stakeholders (e.g. Tech Lead, DevOps Manager, Scrum Master(s) and OpCo’s)
- Own your product and lead it to overall success:
- Create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog
- Participate in planning of sprints to set priorities and agree on business requirements
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Track and measure product progress
- Specify acceptance criteria for each user story and write acceptance tests
- Integrate usability studies and research into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Manage product teams, resourced with internal and external staff:
- Clearly communicate the requirements to the team
- Facilitate release planning with stakeholders
- Balance cross-functional inputs to set direction for journeys
Key Functional Competencies
- Combines both business and product knowledge and sound technical know-how
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Knowledge of agile values, principles and practices; certified Scrum product owner is a plus
- Focus on clear and proven components as the core of a Product Stack, while being open for new innovations
- Make sure progress and deliverables are measurable and reported, also to communicate success
- Steer on Group Product blueprinting and a balance in harmonization & local freedom
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, very comfortable speaking with senior leaders
- Strong self-motivator, with a contagious ability to spread energy to team
- Ability to be efficient in a multi-country team setup
- Understanding the “give and take” relationship that one has with local, functional and group/HQ stakeholders
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of total experience including minimum 3 years of experience in product development
- Experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager delivering digital / e-commerce solutions
- Experience with agile project management and software development methodologies
- Preferable, experience with Azure cloud services, especially those related to data – ADLS, blob storage, data bricks, data factory and Power BI.
- Experience with customer journeys and customer experience
- Experience with vendor management, directly overseeing and actively steering external (project) teams
- Experience in roll out of products across (B2B) markets or B2B/omnichannel e-commerce is a plus
- A stable career track with clear career progression within a limited number of employers.
- Experience with working in an international and matrix environment, preferably within the wholesale/trading industry
- Eager and ambitious with the ability to go at least one level up
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Fluent in German or French is a strong plus; at equal qualification diversity criteria will apply in the final selection process
- Willingness to travel
- Do it
- Be real
- Win together
Schiphol-Oost and home-office, the Netherlands.
- First Interview with Recruiter
- Second interview with Group Product Owner
- Third interview with Group VP Digital
- Final interview with Group SVP HR
- Background and Reference check
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. By applying for this role you agree to store your CV in our files and to share it within BME and operating companies during the recruitment process according to our policy. You may submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org revoking your consent at any time.
B2B / Omnichannel