Group Security Architect
The Group Security Architect provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues but has the foresight to see where the industry is headed and proactively deliver optimal secure solutions. The architect is expected to think like an adversary and identify how solutions should evolve as the threat landscape changes.
Purpose of the Role
The Group Security Architect provides expert guidance for addressing current security issues but has the foresight to see where the industry is headed and proactively deliver optimal secure solutions. The architect is expected to think like an adversary and identify how solutions should evolve as the threat landscape changes. A senior-level role, the architect possesses strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to guide less experienced coworkers. The architect possesses a great understanding of computer systems, network architectures, digital/online application environments and provides technical leadership to delivery and solution design team members.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Author best-practice and reference architectures for security solutions based on BME standards
- Work closely with our digital teams, product managers, risk managers, technical leads, developers to ensure that design solutions meet our security standards and policies.
- Produce security architecture specifications and design documentation for our digital landscape (public/private cloud)
- Ensure Data Privacy through reviews, audits, and implementing secure best practices
- Delivers strategic thought leadership to the team that extends the Information Security strategy into the broader business, IT, Enterprise Architecture and Digital functions.
- Evaluate and monitor emerging security architectural trends in the industry and develop a robust reporting methodology for delivering the results of this analysis to Management
- Evaluate, analyze, and provide direction on the current domestic and international enterprise Information Security Infrastructure to ensure security best practices are implemented and identify areas for improvement
- Evaluates the current state and provides future state cloud security reference architecture. Architects friction-less preventative and detective security controls to be built into hybrid-cloud environments for Azure and on-prem environments and works to provide guidance on continuous improvement
- Provides Cybersecurity integration and automation architectures for the next-gen cloud native security stack that is identity and API driven.
- Provides guidance on reducing/mitigating the attack surface on the identity stack and designing for Zero-Trust Identity Protections
- Deeply understands the threat landscape and emerging threats (i.e. Ransomware) that may impact BME and knows how to architect leading strategies to mitigate risk
- In depth understanding of vulnerability management best security practices for Infrastructure security and embedding of toolsets within a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipeline
- Evaluate the current state and develop secure reference architectures and/or patterns for company applications, DevSecOps (CI/CD) for containerized and virtualized systems, infrastructural components, and application and system patching and hardening capabilities
- For ongoing cloud, network, system, application and telephony projects, work with the respective technology teams to design a robust, reliable, and integrated IT security architecture covering the entire enterprise and addressing issues as prioritized by Information Security
- Provide architectural leadership and design capabilities to ensure Network Architecture is properly implemented and maintained.
- Act as an Advisor on technology solutions and IT processes
Education and Experience
- Business professional with 8+ years’ experience working with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment
- 8+ years’ experience in the information security industry or demonstrable experience as an Information Security Architect with an additional 4 – 5 years’ experience with information security
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated security platform design and implementation experience
- Proven experience with cloud security in Azure, application/API security, firewalls, IDS/IPS, sandboxing, threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment and mitigation, SIEM, auditing, encryption, data loss prevention, threat intelligence, SASE, Zero-trust network access solutions, mobile application/system security
- Experience driving measurable improvement in monitoring and response capabilities at scale.
- Security frameworks (NIST, MITRE ATT&CK, Kill Chain)
- Expert Visio documentation experience
- Excellent verbal communication, organizational, presentation and planning skills
- Experience with GDPR compliance
- Demonstrated experience assessing risk and developing security controls at a business-appropriate level
- One or more certifications: CRTSA, CNDA, GDSA, CISSP-ISSAP, CISM, CISA, CCSP, SANS certs or other Security certifications is required
- Demonstrates long-term strategic impact over teams, projects or problems
- Recognized as an expert within the company and among client / customer groups.
- Coaches team members to help balance current areas of focus with long-term objectives.
- Manages and simplifies complex issues
Schiphol and home-office, the Netherlands
Acquisition by agencies is not appreciated. By applying for this role you agree to store your CV in our files and to share it within BME and operating companies during the recruitment process according to our policy.
You may submit a written request to email@example.com revoking your consent at any time.