Managing our business responsibly begins with a robust governance framework. Our company is governed by a two-headed Board of Directors and supervised by a six-headed Supervisory Board.
We have established an organizational structure that ensures accountability, external supervision and fosters integrity. We strive to be seen as honest and trustworthy by all our stakeholders. BME complies with local and international laws and regulations. Our robust governance framework and compliance policies ensure compliant daily operations and offerings to customers, employees, suppliers, and the markets we operate in.
All employees sign our Code of Business Conduct and all are given regular training sessions covering a variety of topics such as human and labour rights, environment, anti-corruption, bribery, and data security. We also have defined our minimum expectations for our business partners in our BME Group Supplier Code of Conduct.
BME Group is a leading and fast-growing business-to-business distributor for building products across Europe. We help more than 275,000 customers find the right products and solution across our strong offering and we facilitate our suppliers to fulfil the final customer’s needs. BME differentiates itself from our competitors through a history of trusted, well-known local brands and employees, fostering local entrepreneurship and long-term relationships. At the core of what we do is sustainability, from how we manage our business to how we work with our customers and suppliers.
The BME Group consists of eleven Operating Companies that service a specific region or customer group. Each Operating Company has its own local management who can act swiftly on market opportunities, supported by the know-how, financial strength and digital capabilities of the Group. All Operating Companies offer a one-stop-shop solution, mainly focused on small to medium sized contractors and installers under trusted, well-known local brands, supported by an experienced, specialist workforce.
- BME Group has a dense local branch network of more than 920 locations across eight countries: Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain and Portugal.
- We employ more than 14,000 employees, generating revenues of €5.5 billion in 2022.
- Since November 2019, BME is owned by the Blackstone Group, the world’s largest alternative asset manager.
We service our customers via two different formats:
- General Building Products – Heavy-side and light-side products. Our generalist offering supplies building materials to professional contractors and craftsmen.
- Specialist Building Products – Sanitary, heating, plumbing products and tiles. Our specialist offering supplies sanitary-ware, heating and ventilation, and technical installation products to installers, plumbers and heating specialists.
Our company exists of an Executive Management Team led by the two-headed Board of Directors (Group CEO + Group CFO), together with Managing Directors and Group Senior Vice Presidents for Transformation, People, Operations, Strategy & Development and Digital & IT.
Our Management Team combines deep industry experience with highly relevant functional and hands-on experience from leading companies in a wide range of sectors. In bringing this diversity of experience and skills together, we have the right team in place to profitably grow BME Group. We understand the needs of our customers and suppliers and, actively support the transition to a more sustainable way of building.